[FWDLK] Barrrett Jackson - impact on our cars

[FWDLK] Barrrett Jackson - impact on our cars

Yes, you have to treat BJ as a spectacle.  I record it on my DVT (TIVO) and then fast forward thru what I do not want to watch.  I have just about got to the point where I do everything that way.  You can catch a 30 minute news program in 12 minutes when you bypass commercials and fluff or strung out weather.  Ever notice they give the weather in drips and drops to keep you there?

I have always noticed that old Mopars have not brought the kind of money and interest as the triple fives, etc but to me that is good if you are buying as I could not afford a 55 Chevy now  and I can afford the old 55 Dodge I have.  I quit going to car shows as everything is hot rodded, rat rodded, fiberglass and aftermarket.  Give me the old Ormond Beach show any day.  We each have different objectives.  Mine is to keep mine original so people can reminisce about the one they had, the current generation can see what they looked like (what grandpa drove) etc.  The other day I went to the store and a guy was looking at my car when I came out.  He was disability retired military and was grinning ear to ear as years earlier, a 55 Dodge was his first car.  You let them sit in it and look around and to me that is what this is all about.  And, there are no prettier cars to me that the finned Mopars.  If you have any retirement homes near you, I bet a trip over to let the old folks look under the hood and sit in the car would be the high point of their day.

Tom Taylor