From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jan & Roger van Hoy
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 10:05 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] car lifespans

Out here in the beautiful Pacific NW, where we do not salt the roads, there are still a lot of twenty year old cars on the road in great condition, and a fair share of thirty year old cars.

Back in the '50's, the more affluent folks in our neighborhood traded in every three years or so, average was probably six or seven, and the cars made three or four owners before being junked.  My first trips to wrecking yards in 1958, most cars were wrecked, not worn out.

--Roger van Hoy, Washougal, WA, '55 DeSoto, '58 DeSoto, '56 Plymouth, '66 Plymouth, '41 Dodge