[FWDLK] foreign vs. domestic

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Jones" <hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

 I never worked for a domestic, unless it was an add on.
 A Toyota dealer I worked for also had AMC, i was actually hired to just
 work the AMC line. I could tell you stories about how bad they were to
 work on. That cured me, only foreign after that.

    **********************

   " Hey Ray!  ..... tell us about your NEW Datsun !"  - Datsun sales slogan
from 1978 era   :~]    ( I think it actually was "Hey Steve... ")

    This talk sounds just like my attorney.  He has bitched - and I really
mean BITCHED - about $#@! crappy American cars for as long as I have known
him.  I have also been driving FL cars for as long as I have known him,
which brings out a continual stream of complaints and recollections about
the 66 Hemi Coronet and 70 Super Cyclone he bought with high expectations
that were apparently large disappointments for him.  I drove my FL cars
almost every day back then, and anytime we crossed paths (which was often)
seeing my car would fire him up all over again.

    I think it was a "closet case" kind of psychology.  He really was drawn
to the old American iron, but his experiences would push the paradigmal
buttons and out would come the barrage of epithets to throw anyone
suspicious that he liked them off his "trail".  The giveaway was that no
matter how many times we did this dance, he'd be out looking at the car
whenever I can around.

     Meanwhile, his Toyotas and Nissans went from full retail to
undesireable worn-out cars and the DeSoto kept on coming around, always
getting attention and creeping out of the depths of worthless car to being
something quite valuable.  His Hemi Coronet and Super Cyclone would be quite
the draws at Barrett-Jackson today.  I wonder what an 87 Celica would bring
at Scottsdale ?  All this from a guy with a stout six-digit income, who
could easily afford to have a car or ten restored and keep someone on staff
to keep them spotless.  Amen, Brother Ted, .....  Long live the Toyota !

    Brent Burger