[FWDLK] Engine removal - need help

Need a little help while I'm in for lunch if anyone is online.

In this '57 Dodge Coronet, can the engine only be removed from the car while leaving the powerflite in the chassis?  If so, is it just a matter of removing the bellhousing to block bolts and then the torque converter goes which way? - stays with the motor or hangs on the input shaft of the transmission?

Or must the trans come out with the engine and then be removed from it afterwards?

Thanks,
Wayne