Re: [FWDLK] Engine removal - need help

On 26 Feb 2007 at 13:18, Wayne Graefen wrote:

> Need a little help while I'm in for lunch if anyone is online.
>
> In this '57 Dodge Coronet, can the engine only be removed from the car
> while leaving the powerflite in the chassis?  If so, is it just a matter of removing
> the bellhousing to block bolts and then the torque converter goes which way?
> - stays with the motor or hangs on the input shaft of the transmission?
>
> Or must the trans come out with the engine and then be removed from it afterwards?

The easist method for me was place the car on stands,  drain the converter, remove tranny,
remove stands, remove engine. I place a jack under the engine pan during tranny removal, (you'll need it
when removing the crossmember) and use it to correct the engine heigth when removing the stands.

> Thanks,
> Wayne

CudaBob '65 - Angels Camp, Calif
CudaBob@xxxxxxxxxxxx