To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:26 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] "Splain THIS, to me....

OK, the attached pic is lousy, but it shows Ron Mog's 56 NY'er, that
he's fixin up, to take to Tulsarama.

Anyway, he (& I) had thought that the door hinge-piller's metal VIN tag
had been 'spot-welded' to the door post.

He discovered that the VIN tag had MERELY been "punched" into
PRE-existing(??)  mating-HOLES, cut into the hinge piller.

I say "pre"-cut, because, if the VIN tag would
have been 'punched' into the hinge piller, the "punch" would have had to
penetrate the VIN tag, in order to punch holes clean-thru the
heavy-steel hinge piller!!!

So, the mating-holes HAD to have preceded the VIN tag being 'punched'
INTO those holes.

Again, there was ONLY a physical -attachment (via the punch-depressions)
of the Vin tag, to the hinge piller.

Neil Vedder