Re: [FWDLK] VIN Tag

Rich, it "turns-out" that the VIN plate PRESSED ("swaged") into the two
pre-drilled mating-holes,
via the expanding-circumference of the 'dimples' , which were created by
some sort of
punch-press device.

The discoloration, at the punch-dimple site led me to believe that it
was made by a 'spot-weld', ESPECIALLY, in relation to the two
"MOUNTING-screw" holes that exist ON the VIN plate!

Ron's 56 CHRY VIN plate doesn't have the two 'screw-holes', on it, but
my 57 Dodge does have them (IIRC).

The two 'screw-holes' , on the VIN plate are, obviously,  wider-spaced,
than are the two
actual mating-holes, on the hinge pillar, which
"mate" to the two punch-dimples, which are
pressed  into-and-partially-thru  the VIN plate.

How did the factory attach the VIN plates?????

Neil Vedder