Re: [FWDLK] Last gas(p)

Rich Barber wrote:

snip

Here in our town in California, furnaces and water heaters are required to be set up on an 18” high platform in an attempt to protect the unsuspecting, forgetful and incautious from themselves. This is a good idea and may be required elsewhere.

Sermonette over. Looking Forward to more interesting and less hazardous discussions.

Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA

There is an additional side benefit to this requirement
should the water heater spring a leak, its OUT of the pool of water that will collect, reducing the hazards of standing water and electricity. not to mention, if you actually want to drain it for clean out purposes, its elevated above the path you would be stringing your hose. We have ours elevated like this and its NOT code here, just seemed to make sense when we had to rebuild.

--
Paul Holmgren
2 57 300-C's in Indy