Re: [FWDLK] DayLight Savings Time

In a message dated 3/8/07 3:18:39 PM Pacific Standard Time, hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Usually, the points are dirty/corroded and only need to be filed. Clean
any dirt out, lightly lube the ratchet and you should be good to go.

Hi all:

Ray has it right.  A few years ago I took a clock repair class and one of my projects was the clock from my 300F.  In addition to what Ray suggests, I spray cleaned the entire mechanism with contact spray cleaner to get the old oil out, let it dry and lubed each "jewel" with a small drop of synthetic oil,  using the sharp end of a tooth pick to do this.  Synthetic oil will not stiffen with age, so said the instructor.  My clock has been running well ever since.

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA