[FWDLK] Focus on THIS

Oh, Boy; first, Tony Boatman, my fellow Dodge Boy: to quote a hoary Furd
slogan:

Have you driven a (new) Dodge, recently?

My 96 Grand Cherokee and my 04 PT Cruiser (turbo) have been
bullet-proof; CAN'T get better than perfect, & neither one has required
anything more than gas-and-oil, to date, in addition to the 60K mile
"mandatory" change of the Jeep's Serpentine timing belt.

Oh, yeah: tires, too, on both 'cars'.

For the past few years, I've rented a Mope, to drive around Phoenix, for
the B-J festivities.

While that experience has always been brief, I have been very favorably
impressed with each year's product.

This year, I drove the Caliber, & , even tho it was a rental-stripper,
actually prefer its overall utility, outward-visibility,  and
'togetherness' (owing in part to the PT's open, cavernous interior)
"to"  the PT .

Now, getting back to Deadler, how many Mercedes owners care, or want, a
manual trannie?

Wouldn't it be NEAT, if the new owners of Chryco (hopefully American
gear-heads, and not 'green-mailers'---those are investment
speculators who buy a company, to sell it off, or to 'force' a company
to pay them money, to go away & not try to buy the company, at an
inflated stock-price, and THEN to break it up & sell it off)----would
figure out/confirm  what AMERICANS want  ["WE" want the snobbishness, of
dissing domestic products; don't confuse me with FACTS ; I'll even buy a
YUGO] so, that REVERSE psychology can
be brought to bear on Jap-Korean-Chinese-
German car buyers----Iaoccoa [ think I finally 'got' his name, right! ]
got it RIGHT:

GET in the FACE of foreign car owners, & tell them to go screw-up their
courage, and test drive a Chrysler product.

THEN, the gear-head owners should figure-out what American owners want :
CHEAP entry-
level cars, and  anti-establishment,  purely transportation-oriented [
the anti-car] vehicles  and CHEAP entry-level boy-toys, WITH the
machismo-ness of MANUAL transmissions.

Then: there are the upscale performance cars (2-doors, rear drive,
manual trannie---altho the trannie will get them in-the-door, they will
LEAVE, with an automatic).

Then: there's the butt-ugly Import family car
that no one seems to mind, as long as its furrin.

The more-mindless, the better; THAT's the car that is so
counter-intuitive!

"The New Chrysler" (that sounds somewhat familiar!) needs to re-invent
the 'box' ; but, THAT'S where advertising, & Iaocca-ism needs to feed on
patriotism, and get Americans feeling good about buying an American
product, because our products are as good, or better,  than  any other
country's products (even those which they have smartly arranged to be
"assembled" IN the U.S.of A.  ).

The slogan can be : " Why are you buying any OTHER car?"  Drive OURS.

Has anyone else noticed that Deadler has COMPLETELY ignored
"family/personal/
entry-level" vehicles, in its advertising?

Neil Vedder