To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2007 11:20 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] Future of Chrysler Group?

One last comment, about that FANTASTIC Japanese Business Model, about
how to take over the world's biggest target-market (which had an
innocent  lassez Faire open-door market, to the rest of the world (kinda
like Pearl Harbor, in 1941) , was their  ASTUTE preparation for the 1973
Gas Embargo-
Crisis, which saw the comparative price of gas rise to about
$3.00/gallon, with most of the U.S. driving the equilivent of "our"
cars, on a daily basis!
The "fact" that Japan & Europe already HAD narrow roads, over-crowded
cities, & expensive gas had 'nothing' to do, with their TREMENDOUS
initiative in feeding their tiny, gas-efficient cars to a huge country,
that all-of-a-sudden realized that an EXTERNAL entity (OPEC) could
control the economy of The World's Most Powerful Country.

And, the U.S. cars were NOT the "best-Built" cars, in the world, then,
BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO BE; that had nothing to do with that
INCREDIBLE Japanese Business
Model, which merely took advantage of
the world's biggest consumer market, standing there, in befuddlement,
when confronted with the first consumer-product shortage, since WWII .

YEAH, MAN: that's a REAL business model to study!

How to take advantage of an opportunity that falls into your lap!

Neil Vedder