Re: [FWDLK] Rusty plastic?

The stuff our Mom's used to remove rust from clothing had dilute oxalic acid in it.  Might try something like that.

Bill Huff

At 3/22/200710:23 AM, John J. Hertog wrote:
Any suggestions as to how to remove rust stains from clear, front parking light lenses?  these stains are on the inside of the lenses, both sides;  and both lenses are in MINT condition - except for the stains. My low mileage 300F convert. sat in a moist garage for a couple decades,  and water seeped around the housings, into the lenses.  I'd like to save them and reuse them, as they are original to the car.    I have tried soaking in water, scrubbing with various kitchen cleaning stuff and soft bristle brush, all to no avail.  Don't want to use too harsh an abrasive or too hard a brush so as not to scuff up the plastic.  Anyone dealt with this before, or knows what specific stuff will dissolve rust stains?

Thanks in advance
John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY