[FWDLK] Rusty plastic?

I use Hydrogen Peroxide regularly in my water business to remove many stains.  I usually use a stronger concentration of 17% H²O²  to treat stubborn stains, but get good results with the OTC 3% solution, as well.  The peroxide reacts with the stain by adding extra Oxygen Ions, and will often clean off the Iron particles. Another common cleaner is dilute Hydrochloric Acid (or Muratic Acid),  but too strong might have an effect on the plastic.  I've not tried that on Polystyrene plastics, although there is little effect on Polyvinyl-Chloride type plastics.
Be very careful with either product, though.  Either can cause chemical burns to bare hands from excessive exposure.

A mild form of these cleaners is the OTC product C-L-R.  Soaking might be required, but sometimes that might do the trick.

Good Luck,
Mike Higgins
1955 Belvedere Sport Coupe