[FWDLK] Bedtime Story...

OK, so, the short-answer to the following rhetorical question is : "It
Depends.." , but,
how many of "us" have wondered what it is, that a 'rich-guy' DOES, with
a car, which has been restored, to #1 condition, that he has just
bought,  for MAX-Bux, at an auction.

If he DRIVES/enjoys it, he depreciates his significant investment in it.

So, he probably just lets it sit, hoping/expecting it to appreciate in
value.

How much fun, is that? Why not invest in something a little bit more
'moveable', like artwork?

The thrill of the 'Hunt' , being on TV, getting-the-
better, of another bidder, probably has some appeal, too (as opposed,
just, to the finding of a good/great car, directly, in the
Private-sector, and saving a lot of 'extra' money, compared to the
"auction" environment).

Most of we-hobbists slave over our car-projects, trying to make them as
"good" (and valuable; let's not kid ourselves) as possible, but, we
didn't pay the mega-money for the cars, so, the fact that they can never
be "#1" , by virtue of being driven, is not a real factor, to us.

So: although : "Chastity may be its own punishment [or, whatever]" ,
don't "you" feel even a LITTLE bit sorry, for a "rich guy" who pays
(loses) a lot of money, just to "have"
'your' favorite car, but who can not , or , who DOESN'T care, ever,  to
drive and to ENJOY that car????

Neil Vedder