Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:55 PM
Subject: Tulsarama Invitational Car Show Update

Greetings Tulsarama Invitational Auto Show Participants!

We are in full-throttle mode planning Tulsarama and each day brings a series of new surprises and information.  I promised each of you I would mail an information packet on April 3rd and I am so glad I did not!  Much of the information in the original packet has changed.  But, it has changed with good pieces of information that will make Tulsarama bigger and better.

I hope to offer you some information now and will revise the packets.

Tulsarama Invitational Auto Show Overview

Out of several hundred applications, we have spots for 100 cars in the Invitational show. You are part of this group of 100.  The  show is unlike any other car show you may have attended in the past.  The key to the selection committee was diversity.  The selection committee wanted to select a diverse range of cars that represent a variety of era?s and other cars that are just unique.  The star of the show is the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere that will have been unearthed at Noon on June 15.

The car show is divided into 3 distinct sections: Pre 1957 . . .1957 .  .and Post 1957.  There will also be a special area of cars that are true collector pieces.  Additionally, props of antique gas pumps, vintage oil memorabilia and information on Tulsa will be on hand.  Exhibitors inside the car show include American Airlines, QuickTrip, The Route 66 Museum and Tulsa Arts.

The walls of Exhibit Hall B&C will showcase old video footage of the Belvedere being un-earthed in 19657 as well as other vintage footage giving it the feel of a drive-in movie theater.

Show Location

The Invitational Car Show will take place inside Exhibit Hall B&C of the Tulsa Convention Center which is located on Houston Street between 3rd & 4th Streets.

Move-In:

In an attempt to avoid a traffic jam during move-in, we would like to request the following:

      All Pre-1957 cars should move in on Thursday, June 14 before Noon and enter through the roll-up door of Exhibit Hall B with their car.

      All 1957 cars should move in on Thursday, June 14 after 1:00 and enter through the roll-up door of Exhibit Hall B with their car.

      All Post-1957 cars should move in on Thursday, June 14 after 1:00 and enter through the roll-up door of Exhibit Hall C with their car.

The committee realizes that not everyone may be able to accommodate this request.  This is absolutely fine.  Everyone is on a different travel schedule and certain things just can?t be helped.  If majority can arrive at the requested time, we are trying to avoid a traffic jam and allow enough room for car placement, trailer removal, etc.

Show Schedule

Thursday, June 14, 2007

8:00 a.m. ? 8:00 p.m. ? Auto Move-In

Friday, June 15, 2007

8:00 ? 2:00 p.m. ? Auto Move-In, Final Placement, Spit Polish and Shine!

8:00 ? 2:00 p.m. ? Vendor Move-In

3:00 ? 10:00 p.m. ? Auto Show Open

10:00 p.m. ? Show Closes ? Lights Out

Saturday, June 16, 2007

8:00 ? 10:00 a.m. ? Auto Owners & Vendors can access the building with passes

10:00 a.m. ? 8:00 p.m. ? Auto Show Open

8:00 p.m. ? Show Closes ? Lights Out

Sunday, June 17, 2007

8:00 ? 10:00 a.m. ? Auto Owners & Vendors can access the building with passes

10:00 ? 3:00 p.m. ? Auto Show Open

3:00 p.m. ? Move-Out Begins

Where to Stay in Tulsa

The official hotel of Tulsarama is the Crowne Plaza Hotel located in downtown Tulsa at 100 E. 2nd Street, Tulsa, OK 74103. (918) 582-9000.  www.crowneplaza.com/tulsaok A block of rooms have been set aside for Tulsarama guests for $99 per night plus 13.517% tax.  When calling the hotel, be sure to mention Tulsarama to secure the discounted rate.  This is the only DOWNTOWN Tulsa hotel with availability for Tulsarama guests.  Be sure and make your reservation by May 30, 2007 to ensure availability.

Parking at the Crowne Plaza is $8 per day.  The media and other car enthusiasts are staying at the Crowne.

Other hotels  in and around Tulsa do have availability and a list of these hotels can be found by visiting www.visittulsa.com

A Word about Trailers .  . .

If your car is being delivered or brought to the car show via trailer, the car must be exhibited directly on the floor.  It will not be allowed to be displayed from the trailer.  Once your vehicle is removed from the trailer, the trailer must be moved to the TRAILER ONLY lot. This lot is located directly behind the DoubleTree Hotel off of 8th street.  It will be secured and monitored but Tulsarama will not be held liable for any damage, lost or stolen aspects as they relate to your trailer being held in this location.  It is not mandatory that trailers be stored in this lot, it is offered as a free service to all vehicle owners of the Invitational and Open Car shows.

Displaying your Car

Ropes and stanchions will NOT be provided to surround your vehicle during the show.  If you do not want folks close to your car, it is suggested that you make and bring your own device to surround your car.  The Convention Center nor other suppliers in the Tulsa area do not have the quantities required of this event.  If you don?t provide ropes and stanchions, Tulsarama cannot be liable for any damage or accidents that may involve your vehicle.  We encourage you to arrive at the show prior to doors open to ensure your vehicle is clean and a show stopper!

Judging

Computer voting kiosks will be in and around Exhibit Hall B&C.  The public will be asked to vote for their favorites.  The top three cars will be awarded a trophy and a cash prize.  The 1957 Plymouth Belvedere will not be a part of the judging.  The winners will be announced on Sunday afternoon, June 17 on the outdoor stage of the Open Car show located directly behind the Convention Center.

Security

Security inside Exhibit Hall B&C of the Tulsa Convention Center will be provided by the Tulsa County Sheriff?s Office.  Security will begin at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, June 14 and conclude at 8:00 p.m., Sunday, June 17, 2007.  Security will be on-site 24 hours a day.  The number of officers will fluctuate depending on time of day but no less than 2 officers will ever be inside Exhibit Hall B&C.  24 hour security will also exist in the TRAILER LOT behind the Doubletree Hotel with the same hours of operation.  The Sheriff?s Office will establish a Command Post in the loading dock area of the Tulsa Convention Center during Tulsarama events.

Parking

Parking in the loading dock area of the Tulsa Convention Center is not allowed.  Each day, when you arrive at the Tulsa Convention Center, you can park in the flat surface lot north of the Tulsa Convention Center or in the multi-level parking garage.  Display your badge to the lot attendant so you can park for free.

Directions to the Tulsa Convention Center

A variety of directions can be accessed by visiting www.tulsaconvention.com.  Be aware that the north bound lanes of Houston between 6th & 3rd will be blocked for the Open Car Show and traffic will be congested.  It is suggested that you access the Convention Center by approaching from 3rd Street.

Admission Fees & Ticket Sales

Unearthing Site

The 1957 Plymouth Belvedere will be unearthed on Friday, June 15 at Noon on the corner of 6th & Denver.  Downtown Tulsa is much different in 2007 than it was in 1957 and the viewing site of seeing the car come out of the ground is limited.  We only have seating for 400 and these are being reserved for alumni of the original event, government officials and the committee working on Tulsarama.  Overflow seating will be available inside Exhibit Hall A of the Tulsa Convention Center via a simulcast.  Access into Exhibit Hall A is free.

Unveiling of the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere

The 1957 Plymouth Belvedere will be unveiled to the world at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, June 15.  Since the Belvedere will come out of the ground covered in a special fabric from 1957 it won?t actually be seen until 6:30 that night!  Tickets are on sale for this event at Carson Attractions which is located inside the Tulsa Convention Center.  Their phone number is 918-584-2000 or, you can visit www.ticketswest.rdln.com.  With handling charges, tickets are $5, $10 and $28.50.  All $5 and $10 tickets are General Admission and all floor seating tickets at $28.50 are assigned.

Invitational Auto Show

Admission into the Invitational Auto Show is $5 per person, per day.  Children 10 years old and younger are free.  These tickets will be sold at the door.

Outdoor Auto Show

This event is free and open to the public.

Information Packet

Before June 1, you will receive a packet in the mail with much of the above information.  If there are any changes, they will be highlighted to ensure you catch any revisions.  The Packet will contain two badges, two tickets to the unveiling, a certificate that needs to be placed on the dash, maps, directions, contact information sheet and other important information.  Your two badges will allow you to park for free at the Tulsa Convention Center and allow you admittance into the Invitational Show each day.  Please wear them at all times.

Thank you for being a part of a special event!  I apologize I have been difficult to reach, but between Ellen and myself we look forward to supporting your success in Tulsarama!

Kelly A. McElroy, CMP

Tulsarama

PO Box 52606

Tulsa, OK 74152-0606