Re: [FWDLK] Lending a HAND...

On 1 May 2007 at 9:05, eastern sierra Adj Services wrote:

> OK, so this isn't an exciting pic, but, anyone with annoying
> squeaks/rattles from within his car's door and quarter panel areas
> (especially around the quarter panel trim panels) can use thin bubble
> wrap, or thin closed-cell (non-
> deteriatable ) wrapping foam to insullate the
> interfaces  between the metal body, and any other panel-connections, so
> as to eliminate
> harmonic vibrations.

My upholsterer recommend double sided aluminum covered house insulation for the headliner underlayment,
and as a sound deadener for doors and body panels. It has an added advantage of reflecting heat as well.

> I've also used small sections of tire inner tube (virtually
> indestructible material) to insullate
> screw-bolt connections, to body panels.

There are commercial products that uses a concaved rubber backed washer that's usually available at
hardware stores, a very quick fix for smaller fasteners. For sizes larger than 1/4" I too make my own.

> There is commercial sound deadening panels, but I like the bucks-down
> approach.
>
> The factory applied mastic deadener to inner body panels; sound-deadener
> sheets, or additional sprayed-undercoating,  can be glued onto them,
> too, to reduce resonances.
>
> Neil Vedder

CudaBob '65 - Angels Camp, Calif
CudaBob@xxxxxxxxxxxx