[FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] CHRYSLER: an American company

No, it was opening our markets to imports (READ:  competition).  Plain and simple.

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 12:00 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] CHRYSLER: an American company

Personally, I think it was the government and tree-huggers that caused the demise of the cars we remember.  It was just the beginning of big-brother putting the lid on many things we held dear.  Of course, after 1964, many cars (not just Mopars) became rust-buckets.

Smog motors that sucked gas but didn't perform;  laws to increase gas mileage has created crappy multiple speed auto tranny's that don't last; more and more safety crap that doesn't always mean more safety but sure does increase the cost of buying and maintaining.  The latest scam is the tire pressure monitoring systems.  Want to rotate your own tires?  Forget it, you need a $500 plug-in to re-program the sensors.

My first car was a '67 Dart 270 w/slant-6 auto: a car that you just could not kill!!  I wish I still had it.

Dave Moore

64-300K