[FWDLK] FW: Destination 1957 PLYMOUTH Time Capsule!

RECEIVED THIS FROM CHARLES PHOENIX AND THOUGHT THE LIST MIGHT LIKE!!!

From: mail-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: rcwingsandthings@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Destination 1957 PLYMOUTH Time Capsule!
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 08:49:59 -0700

  Having trouble viewing Charles Phoenix's "Slide of the Week"? To ensure that his weekly emails are delivered to your inbox, please add mail-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to your address book or list of approved senders.

PHOENIX in TUCSON!
CHARLES PHOENIX?S AMERICANA THE BEAUTIFUL
?Sunday, July 1st 3PM
A live comedy retro slide show performance celebrating 50s & 60s theme parks, tourist traps, car culture, space age suburbia, parties and more? IN COLOR!

Invisible Theater

Tickets and info

CHARLES ON CREATURE COMFORTS
A new animated CBS series beginning Mon. June 4th at 8PM
Listen for Charles as the voice of a bird
More Information

CHARLES? DESTINATION 1957 PLYMOUTH TIME CAPSULE blog
Begins Sunday June 10th
Read the blog here

slide of the week
click to view larger image online

go online to leave your comments

Destination 1957 PLYMOUTH Time Capsule!

Friday, June 1, 2007

On June 16, 2007, a brand spankin? new 1957 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe will be unearthed after spending the last fifty years in a time capsule buried on the front lawn of the county courthouse in Tulsa, Oklahoma. And someone, whoever then, in 1957, guessed closest to what the population of Tulsa would be in 2007, will win the car. If they are no longer among us the car will be given to their next of kin.

This amazing time capsule was part of "Tulsarama," the city?s celebration of Oklahoma's semi-centennial. Among the other things in the time capsule is a bottle of tranquilizers and a case of beer. The big question is what condition will the car be in? Nobody knows. Will it be a rust bucket or pristine?

There is SO no way that I?m going to miss this event. I?ve been waiting for the unearthing of this car since I read a tiny article on it in a classic car magazine in 1989. It was one of those ?gee, how-old-will-I-be-then?? moments. I promised myself I would be there no matter what. Well the time has come and I?m on my way. And I?ll be bloging my whole classic car road trip there beginning Sunday June 10th here.

For more on the 1957 PLYMOUTH TIME CAPSULE watch the youtube video.

Here?s to the unearthing of the 1957 Plymouth Time Capsule and YOU!

charles phoenix

add your comments online

If you no longer wish to receive Charles's Slide-of-the-Week Newsletter, visit this link to unsubscribe.

.