Re: [FWDLK] ESPO Springs 'n Things Experiences, Anyone?

Re: [FWDLK] ESPO Springs 'n Things Experiences, Anyone?

I have written, a few times, now, to say that what I did, when my 57 CRL
was sitting a little low-and-soft, in the caboose, was, to buy a set of
wrecking yard leaf springs, from a stationwagon (coincidentally, from a
62 CHRY), and that I re-used my car's  OEM main-long- leaf, to preserve
the  critical o.a. spring-length/
fitment, to the shackles & brackets, and then, stacked the wagon's other
leafs onto it, for a considerably-stiffened net-effect.

The ride height happened to work-out so that the bottom of the car's
wheel opening is now about 1" above the top of the rear wheel-edge,
instead of theoretically aligning with the top of the rear wheel .

In my protocol, you can mix/match the leafs between your car, and the
S/W, to obtain a customized ride height & stiffness.

And, it's relatively inexpensive, and user-friendly (easy to do).

Once you get a good result, you can strip & paint the leafs,
individually.

Neil Vedder