Re: [FWDLK] '57 Plymouth Waking from Time Capsule - The Car Connection

Re: [FWDLK] '57 Plymouth Waking from Time Capsule - The Car Connection

Looks to me like Tulsa and surrounds were flooded on a regular basis up until the 1990s.

http://www.cityoftulsa.org/CityServices/FloodControl/History.asp

It also looks like the courthouse is only a half mile or less from the banks of the Arkansas River.

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?q1=500+S+Denver%2C+Tulsa+OK+74103&name=&desc=&mag=3&ds=n&BFKey=&cat=&resize=l&trf=0

Is it any wonder ground water kept rising and falling? At the very least, they should have made the vault a monolithic structure that might exclude water, possibly by using shotcrete or some other gunite product.

Bill Huff