Re: [FWDLK] '57 Plymouth Waking from Time Capsule - The Car Connection

Re: [FWDLK] '57 Plymouth Waking from Time Capsule - The Car Connection

> Is it any wonder ground water kept rising and falling?

Of course, it is easy to criticize now what they did in 1957, with all the
hindsight we have ...
Remember that the '50s was the age of all out optimism !!
I guess they were sure that what they did would stand out the trial of time.

But ... I have to agree with a previous post.
They taught us at least one lesson : how NOT to do a time capsule !!
Everyone knows that concrete is poreous ...
They should at least sprayed it with some water-repellent product.

The cruel truth is that I am sure that if water had been kept out of the
vault, she would have been pristine !!

Vincent Van Humbeeck
'58 Plymouth Belvedere 2-door hardtop

PS : Sorry to have said to everyone that I was going to be in Tulsa
(starting 5 years ago), but as I travel all across Europe for my job, my
wife finally convinced me that I needed more time with my family. So the
trip to Tulsa had to go ...