Re: [FWDLK] Snapped Springs, and a Parallel

Re: [FWDLK] Snapped Springs, and a Parallel

Hi Dave,
Looks strange I'll say that.  I have cars I've stored 10+ years outdoors in my driveway just under plain covers that don't look like that.
I think the key here is that it was a Limestone mine.  That is, the car was surrounded with Lime.  We have alot of lime in the water here in Cincinnati, and it leaves a deposit in the sinks, tubs, toilet, etc that looks alot like the deposits in your photos.  Lime will stick to ANY and ALL moisture, will disolve in water and be deposited and will react with most metals, and petrochemicals.  Which means it chemically reacts with steel- as you found out.  I say an old Limestone mine is probably right up there with an old salt mine as a place I would not want to store something.
But-
The whole point is you saved a car, and that's what important- even if you do have to gut the interior!
Take Care,
Charles.