Re: [FWDLK] ANSWER ME ONE QUESTION ??????

Re: [FWDLK] ANSWER ME ONE QUESTION ??????

In a message dated 6/21/2007 10:54:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, vanhilla@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Others just "collect" cars, they don't really ever intend to do something with them.  I can show you a barn full of Cords, Auburns, etc. that have been sitting for over 35 years and aren't for sale... yet.
Speaking along those lines, when I was about 20 years old, I drove a wrecker in Detroit for a living.  I was good at it, and careful.  I got all the "Special" jobs.  One day I got a call to go to the Henry Ford Museum to pick up an OLD car.  It must have been 1910 model or so, and was one of the exhibits from the museum.  The old guys that were in charge of the thing hovered while I picked it up to tow.  I wrapped rags around everywhere I put a chain.  I was REALLY careful.

I delivered the car to a warehouse where some wealthy guy kept his "stuff", so that he could drive it in a parade or something.

He had so very many old cars that he LITERALLY had them standing up on their bumpers, in rows, hanging from the rafters, yet he didn't have one to drive in the parade!  The parade was some big-time anniversary of the auto industry or something, so he knew it was coming well in advance.

The week after, I went back to the warehouse to retrieve the car and delivered it to the Ford Museum curators.  The car had been through hell, and guess who got all the blame from the reception committee!!!

There are some people in this world with way too much money and way too little common sense or consideration.

I'm pretty sure that if I had asked to borrow (Or even sit in) one of the cars, I would have been run out of town on a rail.  'Course, I'm just common folk....

Joe Savard, On a simply BEAUTIFUL day in little old
Lake Orion, Michigan

See what's free at AOL.com.