Re: [FWDLK] ANSWER ME ONE QUESTION ??????

Re: [FWDLK] ANSWER ME ONE QUESTION ??????

A couple of years ago I came to the conclusion, as I should have before but needed some time, that I wasn't going to get them all done. So since then I've sold four cars. One of them went to a good home (he is or was on this list) and did finally get its paint job, although I think he has lagged since in putting the finishing touches on. Another went to a friend who took out a second mortgage to buy it (my '68 hemi RR project car), then shortly realized that he no longer had the cash flow to finish it up. So he sold it for another 20 % profit (this was a couple of years ago, as I mentioned, when Mopars were again skyrocketing, especially original 426 hemi cars), and the new owner has it just about done. Then the '56 Windsor which had been originally offered in a post on this list on behalf of an owner without any computer access (or desire to have any, as I learned when I telephoned him). I had gotten the car reasonabaly driveable but wasn't making any more progress. Finally I sold a '68 RR, 383 4 speed car, which I had always considered just a parts car, but I think it is getting worked on instead. Now my retirement is coming up in the reasonably foreseableable future and I think I have a decent core of projects which I will at least have more time to attend to, while I continue to enjoy the finished and/or driver cars. So a little circumspection and divestment can help the overall outlook.

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana
'60 Chrysler Saratoga kustom; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart convertible; '65 Barracuda \6; '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB 340-S; '69 Barracuda FB now 360; '70 Challenger now 440; '72 Cuda '340