Re: [FWDLK] Car insurance new thread

I've had Hagerty since 1998....great price, great service, no
complaints.

Of course it helps to have a "mere 6-cylinder stick-shift 4-door sedan"
as my collector car, with a relatively low stated value...so my annual
premium has been less than $100 ever since I signed up.

And, like Nick Sperduto, my biggest attraction to Hagerty was their
policy on insuring people who like to drive their collector cars, as I
liked to drive mine to work once every 1-2 weeks to give it some
exercise - and some visibility.

Having a gaggle of young children, it's hard to participate frequently
(if at all) in car shows, especially long-distance ones, so I drive the
car when I can - even if it is "merely" to work.  Thankfully, as the
kids get older, they are starting to appreciate the old car shows - but
only an hour at a time...LOL...  I brought my oldest 2, ages 12 and 10,
to Tulsa.  They thought the unveiling ceremony and display cars were
cool, but going to see the Silver Surfer and swimming at a family
friend's pool were more interesting.  My oldest son, the 10-year-old,
says he'd like to go back to Tulsa in 2048 to see the Prowler unveiled.
The Lord willing, I'll be 77 years old by then, hopefully still spritely
enough to make it! 8-)

Jason Rogers
Warner Robins, GA
'55 Belvedere