Re: [FWDLK] 6 and 12 volt starters

Matt/List ; in my little town of 4k people (OK: 10K, in the immediate
area) , we have a dedicated auto-electric repair shop.

Before Tulsa, for my 57 Dodge, I had the starter be checked-out/rebuilt,
as a general precaution.

No problemo: a day or so later got it back, & it DID have some wear on
it's bushings, or whatever, and it (still) continues to work fine.

I also had that shop O/H the generator, last year.

What is NICE, about our cars, is that they are so electro-mechanical, in
nature.

E.G.: you can remove & field-strip/clean/adjust  the dash gauges &
controls, right on your kitchen table!

My car's odometer went south, coming into Albuquerque, on the way back
home.

At home, field stripped the speedo housing & found that an odo-rod-gear
was in poor condition.

Took apart one of my two parts-speedos & cannabalized an odo-rod-gear,
but I could have used a slot car pinion gear, to replace the bad gear.

The point is: our cars are VERY repairable, electro-mechanically.

Neil Vedder