[FWDLK] 1959 Dodge Paint Code VU4

1959 Dodge - Paint Code VU4

As Bill Watson pointed out, the "4" indicates the
first color is on the roof, fins and lower, while the
second color is on the remainder of the car.

I don't see any "V" color code for 1959 Dodge. U
represents Biscuit, PPG number 21642.

Possibilities would include W - Mocha Poly 21587, or
perhaps X - Pearl 8131, or maybe even Y - Canary
Diamond 81057.

None of the other letter codes strikes me as easily
misread or poorly stamped enough to appear to be a V.

For what it's worth, Dodge began using letters for
paint codes in 1957, and no V was used until 1965,
when V signified Cordovan Poly that year only. No V
was used again, until 1969, when V-2 signified Hemi
Orange.

If a second look convinces you that the V might be
something else, just let me know.

Dick Woodside