[FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Hi, rear end!

[FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Re: [FWDLK] Hi, rear end!

Hey, all; I'm trying to do a dope-deal (I'm probably the dope, here)
with Brent Burger, on his 2.76 third member.

He believes that it might have the large  size pinion, on it.

How difficult would it be to put a small pinion on it, if in fact, it
won't bolt-up to my car's rear end?

It's an open diffie, so the pinion would appear to be the only fitment
consideration, that I'm aware of.

Charlie Pollock wrote, to say that Moroso might sell a
"conversion-girdle" which might adapt one size of pinion to a (my)
driveline.

Anybody have any experience/advise in adapting a diffie to a driveline,
if there is some incompatibility, between the 'pig', and the 'poke'???

ALSO: what was the standard rear end ratio, for the 1956 New Yorker
(4-dr sedan)?

BTW, Mancini Racing tentatively has said that they can provide 'any'
ratio, that you may want, in a 741/742 rear end case, for about
$900.00!!

Their experts will return from Carlisle on TUES, & I'm supposed to call
them, then, to discuss
the actual availability of their custom-assembled diffie.

Neil Vedder