From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of cpollock@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 7:43 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Hi, rear end!

Hi Guys,
Well,
At least SOMEONE is paying attention-
I think I muddled the last post.
What I REALLY was trying to convey-
That the early 70's 318 V8 A-bodies did not come with the 8 3/4.
I don't know if it was even an option for the 70 and up 318.  I know that it was under the 340 cars.  And some earlier models with the right trim (see the post below- the GT was a high-end option.  I would bet this car has the 'track pack' option code checked, which is why it has an 8 3/4.  The track-pack was available for just about anything).
Sorry for the confusion guys.  I'm a B-body restorer and only dabble in the A-bodies.  I can say I have NEVER seen, in any bone yard or show an original 318 equipped A-body with a 8 3/4 under it.  That includes the 68 below- but I have never seen a the GT convertable either- so my opinion is based on my 20+ years of boneyard scrounging and car show drooling.

Have Fun guys,
Charles.