[FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

[FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

now that would be sad thread, how about my first three cars?

~1964 had a '55 Dodge Cnv w' Super Red Ram, 3spd w' od, had a little dent in the backn eeded a new top and tranny and some real minor rust, made an orchard buggy out of it when we were about 14-15.  Sold it to one of our buddies at school.  My buddy showed me how to do a full swing with a sledge on the body

~1966 16 yrs old, Second car was a '56 Desoto 2Dr HT, 331 2bbl w' 3spd & od, flipped the rear end under the leafs for a few days with a set of rear duals made for the '55 orchard buggy and drove it around like that for a while, Sold it to one of my buddies at school.

~1967, 3rd car- '57 Fury w' a nice pair of wcfb's &  football air cleaners, etc, lots of fiberglass and bondo, crooked eyebrows etc and a 'fresh' beige paint job over it all, (but complete and would be considered very restoreable these days), rebuilt the 318 in HS auto shop and got bored with the 'noise' of the dual quads and put a 413 Golden Lion in for a year or two, sold it to friends cheap so they could get the 413 when my folks wanted me to 'get a reliable car for school' after a tranny line rubbed against the crank pulley one afternoon on the way home, saw it last in front of the local wrecker . . .

sigh . . . I'm sorry!  But it sure was fun at the time.

~ fast forward to 2004-2007- latest car- '58 Sierra 9-passenger that is inside and longs for my attention to finsih the floor pans etc. .  . wishing it was a 2Dr. HT!

(Parents first car when we came to California in '57?  Brand new 1957 Blue & Wht Plymouth Custom Suburban!  Got thrown around good while playing/riding in the back one time when we got broadsided by a ~'61 chevy, but it lived a while longer after a major repair.  pre seat belts (& child seats!) of course.

-Bob

PS- thought about trading the '57 Fury in on a new '66/'67 426 Hemi Satellite, but ~$4K at the time seemed a little rich for a young kid!  Then there were the year old Pantera's available at Philco-Ford where my dad worked, available for ~$6,500 back in ~1971.  They had a lot full of every make F*rd powered car turned in after 1yr employee lease, inlcuing Lotus Cortina's, Lincolns, Cougars etc, where with my folks guidance and help picked out my '67 Mustang  'the replacement' for the '57 Fury, (but I wanted the 390cid rangoon red fastback '67 'stang w' 4 spd, A/C etc,  thank god I am still alive to think back on it :-)!