Re: [FWDLK] radio

----- Original Message -----

> WHY, the 918 ought not  to be played with the engine not running....
>
> For the same reason, that that radio should be shown on the ANIMAL
> Planet Channel....
>
> It's an AMP-eater !!!!
>
> The radio's got a separate power-amplifier;
> it will suck your battery DRY, in minutes...,
>
> I can only imagine what would happen if you tried to run a 16rpm record,
> on battery power !
>
> Neil Vedder

    This brings up an interesting point for me  ....

  I have never owned a Hi-Way Hi-Fi  car, and have largely enjoyed the open
cars more than others  ....  making this new ground for me.  In a
convertible, you cannot hear the radio at anything over in-town speeds, so
it usually stays off.

    But I have no recollection of ever having battery drain from running the
radio while parked.

    Hmmmm .....