Re: [FWDLK] radio

In a message dated 7/22/2007 2:39:26 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx writes:
WHY, the 918 ought not  to be played with the engine not running....

For the same reason, that that radio should be shown on the ANIMAL
Planet Channel....

It's an AMP-eater !!!!

The radio's got a separate power-amplifier;
it will suck your battery DRY, in minutes...,
I beg to differ....  The radio has two factors that will use power.  It has vacuum tubes with heating filaments that use power, and it has a "vibrator" to create alternating current.  That's why the sets must warm up before they will work.

While they will use more power than a pure transistor radio, you can listen to them without the engine running.  "Minutes" is a wild exageration.

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan