Re: [FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

Re: [FWDLK] Cars we wish we still had (or COULD have bought?)

My List:

Back in the late 70's, I had an opportunity to buy, fresh from California, a 64 Dodge Polara 500 w/426 wedge, rust-free beauty, $700. No space.

Last year of college, ('77) spring break took a group of us business folk to Nashville, (don't know why, none of us like C&W music), we stayed in some cheesy no-tell Motel, and across the road was a mis-used car lot, and on the front row were 2 1970 Plymouth Superbirds, both white, both black vinyl tops, both 440's, $800 each.

Let my 64 Dart red/red GT go, treated that car like a god, traded on a 74 Dart Sport, local girl buys it, "she" takes it out and totals it w/in a week.

Let my original 57 Royal 4 door go for the aforementioned 64 Dart, only 'cause we had no room for keeping it. :(

My sister trades a 69 Charger, 383 Magnum, red/black, which my Dad used as a "demonstrator" he kept it for 2 years, trades it on a Dodge Colt station wagon in '74. I never heard my dad cuss so much when she "surprised" us one visit. He never would ride in it. Being a WW2 vet, you might figure why.

Bill The Magnumguy

Psalms 8
http://www.moparstyle.net
Chapel & Magnum/'Doba Forums