Re: [FWDLK] MoPar Oil Filter

With most dealership parts "translators" as they are technically known now, if it ain't in the book they wouldn't have a clue where to start looking and as most of these people are relatively young, most probably have even heard of our cars. If it hasn't got 3 or 4 valves per cylinder with electronic control emission reduction gizmos and all the crap that goes with it, your up the creek without a paddle.
Having said that, as a Chrysler devotee for the last 40+ years, I would expect the long standing performance side of the company i.e. Direct Connection & now Mopar Performance, even though they deal with current models, I would have thought the older "muscle cars" are still of significance, but they seem to have lost their expertise or ability to answer technical questions on older engines / vehicles in that area too.
I've emailed the "tech line" on numerous occasions mostly with relatively basic questions without even acknowledgement!
Then I have to get up at some unGod-ly hour (time zone) in the morning before I go to work, call up the tech line to be put on hold and finally speak to some kid just out of high school who has never heard of a porting template or a windage tray or the part number I need or I'll get back to you never to be heard from again!
I must admit there are still a few good men out there but they seem to be very few and far between.
Specialty organisations like Mopar Perf' should make sure they choose the right people to deliver the service expected by the customer.
Is it just this old dinosaur or are there others out there that see customer service going down the toilet in big way in recent years?
Alan Down Under.