To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 8:41 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] A Norse is a Nourse, man

Mike, the Norseman was put into the hold (bowels) of the Anrea Doria.

I doubt that it would have been tied-down, as the lower levels ride out
storms very well, but if it weren't secured, it would have (and
might-have, anyway) been rolled-around, inside the hold, on its way to
the sea bed.

I suppose that the salvage divers (I wonder who was paying for their
time, and why)  might have determined, from ship's documents, where the
car was loaded, in relation to the ship's attitude, lying on the ocean
floor, so that they might have figured out where to look for the car.

But, they still would have had to bring along some major cutting
equipment, to go thru the hull, because I can't believe that they would
have thought about trying to gain access to the hold, via
companionways/passages, etc!!!

So: short answer: I have never heard of anyone's having 'raised' (pun
intended) the Andrea Doria, looking for an old rusty Plymouth
Belevdere.....ooops; that's TULSA!!!

Neil Vedder