[FWDLK] rear pinion seal replacement 1955 Chrysler

[FWDLK] rear pinion seal replacement 1955 Chrysler

I just changed the leaking pinion seal on my 55 New Yorker getting ready for the car show.   The old seal was a Victor seal #  47171  and the new NAPA seal is a 21336  the seal fits fine but it is a lot thinner than the old victor seal.    7/16 new seal   ¾ in old seal.  Does anyone know if this will affect anything?  I figured I would ask before I take the car off the lift and test drive, it. Thanks again.  Chuck deyoe