[FWDLK] FW: 55 new Yorker trunk lock update

From: Charles M. Deyoe Jr. [mailto:deyoe101@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 8:32 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 55 new Yorker trunk lock update

Well I had my son climb into the trunk and open the trunk,.   I found the lock was not working at all.  I removed the lock and nothing seemed broken,  I took the unit apart as much as I could and greased it up and put the arm back on and pin in.  I then tested the lock it seems to work good now.  I am going to adjust the latch again {worst part about the trunk}   I am looking for a new lock to replace this one as I do not like having to go though this If I can help it.  Thanks for everyone’s help.

On the power steering seal.  I dug though my stash of NOS parts and found a power steering overhaul kit for this car.  With 3 seals that are the same size  I installed one of these into the pitman arm shaft using a 1-1/2 in by 6 in sink tail piece I just had to grind off a little off the edges and it fit right over the shaft, now the test will be how long will it last.

The car is about ready for the Stowe car show.  Just need to reinstall the rear seat and clean the car.  Is anyone going to this show in Vermont if so look me up my car is a Jade green with the platinum white.  We are staying at the camp site for the long week end .

Does anyone want me to look for any parts ??   if so please e-mail me with part #’s and year, ect  I will be looking most of the weekend for parts for all my cars and truck.

Chuck Deyoe

1955 Chrysler new Yorker 4 door sedan