Re: [FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] PentaStar

A lot has been said in the last few weeks about the adoption of the pentastar.  I have not read all of the communications but last week at our meeting at the Chrysler Tech Center Mr. Stanley, the person most responsible for the creation of the pentastar was present.  His presence, as a retiree of L & M,  was to commemorate the reintroduction of its use as our corporate symbol. It is safe to say that it was chosen for "researched universal acceptance and geometry."  It was introduced in the fall of 1962 and as soon as the Stamping Division could incorporate the two small holes in each car line's right front fender, a gold cast pentastar was plant installed. This was approximately January 2.1963. Model year cars made earlier did not have the pentastar, my original and still owned 1963 Plymouth as an example. At car shows, self proclaimed experts like to tell me I am missing the badge to which I have to explain.

Somewhere I have Mr. Stanley's personal story of the development.  I obtained it from his daughter whom I worked with in Chrysler's international business operations.  I recall later ad copy drawing on connections with the divisions or other facets that fit the number 5 but it was indeed a symbol and shape reason originally.  A really class symbol I must say.