Re: [FWDLK] 57 Dodge Coronet on EBay

I just checked all 3 pages of the FWDLK's Ebay site, for 57 Dodges, &
can't find the Coro.

Maybe someone could PM me with that site again.

But, from my having looked at the car, a day or so ago, and, in regards
to its being seen as being "beautiful"  by car-people, AND, in relation
to its seller's opinion of its market value, my response is: Do you like
your beautiful women to look like Pamela Anderson, or even
Anna Nicole Smith (when she was en vivo), or Sophia Loren and Marilyn
Monroe (ditto)?

In other words: real , or fake?

Hot rods/rat rods, or dead stock?

This seller is actively mis-representing the car's condition as being
"correctly restored", and is asking to receive more than what the car
would be worth, even if it were correctly restored, in relation to the
inherent rarety of that particular car-model.

Again, please PM me the auction, but, after noticing the asking price,
one immediately sees that whoever painted the car (it IS gold/white OEM
paint, though) had no clear idea what the gold, and probably the white,
should look like.

Big bux, to strip & re-paint the car.

The car (IIRC) is not a Custom Coronet interior trim car, but should be
upholstered in gold/black vinyl/cloth.

I recall that the trunk's finish is way-wrong (for a $80K restoration)

The seller is trying to peddle "flash" instead of substance.

Neil Vedder