Re: [FWDLK] A THOUGHT TO PONDER....

It's YOUR car, do it YOUR way! Be creative too,please. I love Christine and the General Lee but I don't need to see another one. I'm currently building a 65 Satellite and I'm not touching the original scratched up, dinged and dented body. I am checking/fixing mechanicals and installing a fresh interior. Now I'll be able to park it and drive it wherever I want without worrying about the paint. I have a couple of show cars too and it gets tiring trying to keep them cleaned and waxed and hoping not to screw up the paint. With a fresh interior it doesn't smell and it's clean so my wife and kids can ride with me.
Larry Gardinier

From: Bill Amberger <Magnumguy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi gang. Gotta question and wondered what y'all thought about this. It's concerning the future plans for my 57 Dodge

I've pretty much decided if I keep it, that I not restore it, but keep it pretty much as it is. The body is presentable as-is, mechanically OK, would like to upgrade the brakes, interior is pretty much as it was new, except the seat bottom needs fixed. Maybe someday replace the rockers, fenders (which I already have) and general upgrades.

There's just something about the car being in it's pretty much original state, and has drawn much attention that way. Being a 4 door sedan and not a body style desirous of most, I thought it would be suitable to leave it status-quo.

Your thoughts about restoring/not restoring, perhaps "restification" is the world I'm looking for.

Bill The Magnumguy

Jeremiah 29:11
http://www.mopowerstyle.net
Chapel & Magnum/Cordoba Forums