Re: [FWDLK] Springfield, IL car show

It was the Route 66 Festival
Held every year in springfield, it averages 1000+ cars and trucks.
The Chrysler 300 Club Intl., Inc, held it's fall Meet there.
It starts with a parade which ends downtown. The 300 Club sat on the lawn of our Hotel and watched hundreds of cars leave the assembly point for 45 minutes, what a deal! On Sat and Sun., Springfield has a 10 square block area blocked off and the cars angle parked. Mixed in are many vendors and demos, along with food and beer wagons.
Gates open at 10:30 a.m. and close at 8 p.m.
It is a great show and highly recommended. You could spend several extra days there and near-by enjoying Route 66 spots and the Lincoln museum is awesome! Best I've ever seen.
This time of year, each year and there is a web site,
 www.route66fest.com