Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Chrysler "300" on Collector Car Trader Online

Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Chrysler "300" on Collector Car Trader Online

OK, I’ll bite……. Why bother? Because the FL 300’s are one of the greatest breeds of car ever built and there will never be enough of them to go around. I would call that a shortage.

There are a number of things suggesting this is not a 300 anyway, firstly no bumps on the valve covers for solid lifter…....

Owen

  As for restoration to original 300 status (if it started out as one at all), ......  why bother ?  There has never been a shortage of 300's in this hobby.  Percentage-wise, more 300's survive for the numbers built than any other FL car.  People knew they were special since new and saved them accordingly.  Customs like this aren't MY cup of meat, but as customs go, this one is pretty darn well executed.  I would also question the cost viability of purchase and restoration of a car like this vs. any sort of return (as a 300), or keeping it as a custom - and a good looking custom at that.  Afterall, GOOD customs do bring some pretty big bucks, even of the market tends to be pretty random.

    B.