Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Chrysler "300" on Collector Car Trader Online

Re: [FWDLK] 1957 Chrysler "300" on Collector Car Trader Online

OK, I?ll bite??. Why bother? Because the FL 300?s are one of the greatest breeds of car ever built and there will never be enough of them to go around. I would call that a shortage.

There are a number of things suggesting this is not a 300 anyway, firstly no bumps on the valve covers for solid lifter?....

Owen

    Greatest breeds ?

    That is a matter of opinion.  Yeah, ....  they were the "powerhouse flagship" of the Chrysler house, but as a matter of opinion, I think they are kind of dull.  The monotone tan interior (what could be less exciting than tan?), the very limited paint colors, the lacking sidesweep and / or trim.  For what I like about late 50's cars, these bombers were sedated right off my interest radar.  I do like the the grille treatments they got, but for my money, I'll take a comparable Fireflite over a 300 any day just because of the color options, interiors, and side trim.

    But getting back to the car in question .....  at any time, I can point a wanting buyer to a quantity of 300's available for sale.  For a 57 coupe, I really doubt a person could restore THAT car to a nice 300 for a price even close to what you could buy an already finished car for.  Just to get it would cost sixteen large, and THEN the price goes up from there.  What is a decent 300C coupe going for these days ?  Great breed or not, would this car be cost effective to restore ?

    And then there is the value of a custom argument ...

    B.