[FWDLK] Judging Condition

Bottom line is that it's all arbitrary. No matter how diligent you are
in your description, the person buying it will have a much rosier
picture in mind. Most always, when buyer meets seller after many photos
and phone calls, he's always disappointed. Sold a 41 Ford truck on ebay
this weekend and I had  24 picts, showing ALL the warts and rust.. He
still called to be sure before buying. He said he went 500 miles to
pick up a car once after much photos and phone calls, On the last one
he asked "Do the photos really match the car?" and was assured it did.
Well it, except the photos were 18 years old! Needless he was pissed.
Said it makes you want to take a gun along on these trips.
Ray

    I think you nailed it, Ray  ....  "Bottom line is that it's all arbitrary".

    I am trying to find "definitive" in an arbitrary and subjective medium.

    Afterall, the "system" suggests that this grading by numbers is supposed to be "definitive" as a way to define condition, right ?

    Take "subjective" or "arbitrary" by definition, it means there is NO set meaning.  And what is something without defined meaning ?  Meaningless ?

    That 20 year old photo trick is often used on those internet dating sites like Match.com and eHarmony.  Some hot honey in photos turns out to be a 250 pound former all-pro tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs with a psycho ex-husband and 4 kids in the penal system when you agree to meet over coffee.

    I suppose it is all subjective, eh ?

    Ah well, ..... by definition, I have some nice parts cars.  I guess I'll live with that.

    B.