Re: [FWDLK] ebay Item number: 330175275427

Bottom line is that it's all arbitrary. No matter how diligent you are in your description, the person buying it will have a much rosier picture in mind. Most always, when buyer meets seller after many photos and phone calls, he's always disappointed. Sold a 41 Ford truck on ebay this weekend and I had 24 picts, showing ALL the warts and rust.. He still called to be sure before buying. He said he went 500 miles to pick up a car once after much photos and phone calls, On the last one he asked "Do the photos really match the car?" and was assured it did. Well it, except the photos were 18 years old! Needless he was pissed. Said it makes you want to take a gun along on these trips.
Ray

On Oct 20, 2007, at 1:25 AM, eastern sierra Adj Services wrote:

Ok, I'll jump in here:

#1: fresh/correct(hah!) restoration; trailer queen
Not (yet) driven, except off & on a trailer.

#2: A former trailer queen, which shows evidence of having been driven,
or, an extremely nice cosmetic retoration, with driving-usage
deterioration.

#3: An older/regularly driven restoration, or semi-restored driver, but
which, at any rate shows some obvious degree of deterioration
which could/should be taken care of; the car is (beginning to be)
tired-looking (like a middle aged man--still in serviceable condition,
but needs some attention (like: a hair transplant,or liposuction, or a
few weeks in a gymnasium)
in order to look "good", again.

#4: Car in serious need of attention, and may just, barely, be
driveable, but should be mostly-complete, but needing "everything" to be
done to it; a "beater",or rat-rod. Not pretty; a good parts car.

#5: Non- driveable basket case; probably incomplete and needing someone
with more Cents than Sense, to restore. Needs a Parts car, to restore
it.

Neil Vedder