Re: [FWDLK] '57, '58 Dodge production

Ray , who was the man who was killed, and when was he killed?

I have (big deal) no records/documentation of any particular factory
support or involvement in  stock car racing, during the 1957 season.

For the Daytona Speed weeks, Dodge sold three cars to two privateers,
and to Norm Thatcher (who never actually raced/campaigned his car, for
unknown reason(s), at Daytona).

That Thatcher car, too, seems to have fallen off the face of the earth,
after Daytona. Norm Died around 1973 (IIRC).

 Norm's was a sedan; the other two were hardtops.

The factory did NOT provide any assistance to these three cars, at
Daytona, and no 57 Dodges appeared in the Beach races, or vany other 57
season races (according to The History of Stock Car Racing).

Among the many things that I don't understand, is how/why Dodge (& CHRY)
did nothing to supply more D501's, or racing-support, etcetc between
JAN/FEB (for the lame Speed Week's effort) and late MAR, when the first
"official" D501's were built and sold.

Dodge even SOLD its first D501 to Kiekaefer, insead of 'trading' it to
him, for marketing/racing research, etc...

Neil Vedder