Re: [FWDLK] ...I Ain't afraid of no Ghosts (or: Mythology Ain't what it

Re: [FWDLK] ...I Ain't afraid of no Ghosts (or: Mythology Ain't what it used...

Just some numbers for comparision. In 57-59 time frame, my 57 Belevedere in stock form ran mid 17's, [318
4bbl power pack], 16's with a varity of B engines, [350, 361, 383].

The 58 Fury ran a best time of 15.8 with a heavily modified 334ci [318 +.100, 12.5cr, dual coil, expermental
cam]. Never had a chance to time the 413, my gut feel is low 16's with possibly a higher trap speed than the
334.

As I remember it the Belvedere weighed 3850, Fury 4150.

As a confusion factor, the 33 ply coupe ran 17 flat, [254, 3-1bbl, dual coil, 17# flywheel, Potvin Super 3/4
cam]. @ Fremont CA, 1956 time frame. I do have a trophy proclaiming 78 mph @ 16.89 from "Little
Bonneville", a track just outside San Jose, but I've always believed the track to have been "short". Their times
were always better than Fremont.

 CudaBob '65 - Angels Camp, Calif
CudaBob@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.goldrush.com/~rhuish/