Re: [FWDLK] The REST of the Story...

Once again, the facts as reported in 56. Motorsport Mag June 56 page 23 "Daytona Round Up"  Opens by citing bad beach conditions causing major problems. Prevailing conditions were not the best for optimal runs as they saw it.  Wonder what they said about conditions in 57 . May 56 Motor Trend exclaimed " the Beach was mottled with dangerous wavy bumps" The entire first week was canceled, this didn't allow extra practice or trial runs. On the other hand when things finally get cooking and condition are improved Al Kidd gives props to Danny Eames and Dodge for having  "one of the most truly stock equipped and prepared cars on the beach". Oh and what's this  a bit of consensus over Dodges surprising success, Don Mac Donald claims Dodge's effort, 2 men and 1 car was hardly a "team". Gee sounds like a stock car beating all the Cheaters. I saw one more article, you may have seen, where a different writer points out, while there are a lot of factory supercars for 56 the D500-1 is the only one an average Joe could actually lay his hands on. Lets see then there is Racer Brown who was quite impressed and probably should have hunted down a Dash One to get the straight scoop on the "Big Brother". And gee there is Sports Car Illustrated impression (again of lil brother) summed  up in the first paragraph " It's performance is so unprecedented that after five days of living with the car I still found it thoroughly (yes that's how he spells it)  awesome and more than slightly incredible" he continues the complements from there sounding a bit dreamy eyed and saying something about your riding in a ringtailed bearcat and it just makes you pause and wonder (all this from a sports car mag). Which leads me to the conclusion that obliviously only the experienced will believe and until Neil and Adam go for "The Ride" they will be skeptical. So cheer up you guys... you may get the chance someday. Tim In Golden