Re: [FWDLK] The REST of the Story...

Have you ever seen one run on a track? If I'm shown an actual time slip I'll believe it. In a 1956 magazine they are comparing it to 1956 cars,ever see a '56 Buick run the 1/4 mile? I have,they ran in the 22 second range. Put a 16 second car against that and damn straight it will feel fast! IROC Camaros feel really fast too,they ran 16.0's stock,a Mustang GT from the early '90's ran 15.4's with a professional driver,14.7's with superchargers,see where I'm going with this? Both of those cars are much more refined and much lighter than the Dodge and make probably the same horsepower but on a broader curve and had better tires too. I could care less either way,I don't own a '56 Dodge (and I don't plan on one in the future)  and if I did it would have a big block in it anyway, I just know what I know and don't see it possible.
   If anyone has a '56 in the north east I will pay for your entry and fuel to run it at Island Dragway or Englishtown before the season ends and we should get a pool on here,I'll throw in $100 that it can't break a 16.0,even with slicks and a 4.10 rear.
Adam Lindenbaum