[FWDLK] sure-grip differential

I’ve been following along on the thread about performance of the 50’s cars. I have a 58 Fury with the 318 engine. I bought it from the original owner in 1988, from Sacramento, Ca. where it spent its whole life, so it is rust free with original interior. I did have it repainted the next year after I bought it. I have never had it to the drag strip, but have weighed it at the local farm store scale, which is a nice new digital outfit that is supposed to be very accurate. With ¾ tank of gas, it weighed 3890. The car has power steering and brakes, fender skirts, searchtune radio, all tinted glass, and wide white radials. So it has several extras. Anyway, the reason I decided to get in on this talk, is about the sure grip differential. I do have a 10 bolt housing # 1404485 with 3;54 ratio ring and pinion. The pinion is stamped with the ratio, then this part # 1328392, then 6456232n1x. It is in excellent condition with the yoke in tack and ready to install. I bought it years ago thinking it would fit my Fury, but is not for the 57 up housing as they use an 11 bolt housing. So if someone is interested in putting sure grip in their 56 or before, it is for sale. You can contact me privately and we will talk about it. If everything I have said is correct, it would be true that suregrip was available before 57. What do you all think.

Tom Mitchell

58 Fury

64 Fury 383-4speed

64 Dodge Polara 500

65 Dodge Coronet

68 Road Runner 383 torqueflite

68 Road Runner Hemi clone 4-speed

70 Challenger Convertible cloned as a T/A

48 Plymouth coupe street rod

68 Dodge Charger-owned since 1982

just sold my 64 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible

and another 68 Road Runner 383-4speed original project car

and many parts cars.